WELCOME TO THE NATIONAL ELECTRIC ENERGY CONFERENCE 2017 (EECON 2017)
The Electric Energy Society of Australia (EESA) takes great pleasure in inviting you to the National Electric Energy Conference 2017 (EECON 2017) at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre on 22 & 23 November 2017.
The conference’s theme is “Collaboration and Innovation: Adapting Today’s Grid for Tomorrow’s Future”.
EECON 2017 will bring leading industry influencers to Melbourne to discuss, collaborate, and innovate towards a brighter future – don’t miss out on this tremendous opportunity to discover and debate the future energy blueprint of tomorrow.
In addition to continued professional development, this conference will provide an outstanding opportunity to network with others in the electric power industry. There will also be a number of exhibitors, providing information and advice on engineering products and services related to the industry.
The conference will include a selection of senior industry speakers, special guests and a mixture of technical and business streams that will be exploring the opportunities to transform the grid as we know it, into the grid of the future.
We look forward to personally welcoming you to EECON 2017.
EECON is proudly a technical conference – bringing together the best technical experts in every facet of the electric energy community, to collaborate, debate and discuss our energy future.
Why should you come to EECON?
- Get to the heart of the issues: The only electric energy conference organised by a large volunteer committee of industry professionals and academic experts.
- Debate the issues that matter: Covering each part of the electric energy sector, EECON engages in rigorous and analytical hard hitting-discussion.
- Understand the full picture: With three dedicated streams and numerous sessions, EECON will include presentations from all perspectives, as well as engaging panel discussions.
- Build your understanding of critical Victorian energy infrastructure: Featuring an impressive side program, including site visits to wind farms, thermal power stations, substations, control rooms and manufacturers.
- De-mystify the industry: Participate in targeted crash courses on all facets of the electric energy system – critical for students, young engineers, and those new to industry.
- Recognise your peers and celebrate industry excellence: Attend the spectacular sit-down conference dinner at the impressive Eureka Tower, which will include the launch of the inaugural Energy Excellence Awards.