Informa Australia is delighted to announce the forthcoming Pumped Hydro Energy Storage conference. At a pivotal time for the energy market in Australia, the recent announcement that the Federal Government is looking to develop a $2 billion expansion of the Snowy Hydro scheme has brought to the forefront of debate the potential for pumped hydro solutions. In addition to this the Federal Government’s recent announcement of funding a $450,000 grant to Energy Australia to develop a pumped hydro energy storage project in South Australia, has certainly raised the profile of the potential for this technology to be rolled out.
Bringing together key experts in this rapidly changing field, this will be a unique event at which to explore the opportunities for future growth.
- Stephen Davy, Chief Executive Officer, Hydro Tasmania
- Ivor Frischknecht, Chief Executive Officer, ARENA
- Simon Brooker, Executive Director, Corporate and Project Finance, CEFC
- Dr Roger Dargaville, Deputy Director,
- Melbourne Energy Institute, University of Melbourne
- Michael Addison, Managing Director, Genex Power
- Tammy Chu, Managing Director, Entura
- Professor Andrew Blakers, Director, Australian National University Centre for Sustainable Energy Systems
- Nick West, Senior Civil Engineer, Entura
- Professor Simon Bartlett AM, Australian Chair in Electricity Transmission, University of Queensland
- Andrew Wilson, Manager Dams, Hydropower & Tailings – Victoria and South Australia, GHD
- Andrew Thaler, Singletom Solar Farm, Superdrome Solar Array, XYZ Solar Pty Ltd
Tuesday, 29 August 2017 | Swissôtel Sydney
Visit www.informa.com.au/event/pumped-hydro-energy-storage-conference/ for more conference information.