- Why You Should Attend
The Australian sector has always prioritised their worker’s health and wellbeing in the workplace. Arc flash safety has been a big topic in the energy sector but with the 2018 arc flash incident in Yallourn power station, organisations are putting more priority in safe maintenance practices and the maintenance of arc flash protection equipment.
marcus evans Arc Flash Electrical Safety 2020 aims to provide practical ways in improving arc flash safety, standard compliance, and effective arc flash mitigation strategies. Delegates will be able to gain critical insights on updates for 2018 edition of IEEE 1584 and NFPA 70E, guidelines to the safety standards and calculations, effective mitigation methods, safe asset maintenance practices new arc flash technologies, and arc flash prevention in renewable technology.
Don’t miss your chance to hear world-renowned Arc Flash expert, Jim Phillips, one of the primary developers of the IEEE standards, talk about how Australia can use the IEEE 1584 changes to strengthen in-house arc flash safety practices. Secure your place at our 5th Annual Arc Flash Electrical Safety now!
- Key Topics
- How to Approach an Arc Flash Hazard Reduction Strategy without a Suitable Australian Standard?
- Regulator’s Spotlight: Arc Flash Incidents and Regulations in Victoria
- Water Corporation’s Arc Flash Hazard Assessment of Switchgear Assemblies – Sensitivity Study and Short-Hand Assessment Method
- Retrofitting Ageing Switchgears with Arc Flash Protection Equipment to Improve Workplace Safety
- Raising Awareness in the Workforce on Arc Flash Risks and Hazards to Stress on Safety Practices and Prevent Cutting Corners