DTEC is the premier Earthing Conference in the Oceanic region and provides opportunities for:
• Earthing specialists to present their recent experiences and the latest advances.
• Electrical contractors to share installation, maintenance and testing practices.
• Engineers to publish peer-reviewed technical papers.
• Asset owners, regulators, educators, and interested engineers to increase awareness of issues significant in the field and discuss how they are being handled.
• Earthing practitioners, past earthing course attendees and people new to the field to get together and share experiences.
• Suppliers and consultants to showcase their capabilities and products.
The technical programme will consist of three components:
• Presentation of peer reviewed technical papers addressing recent advances in earthing related fields. Suitably accepted papers will be published in IEEE Explore, as well as the Conference Proceedings.
• Presentations using a less formal approach to cover recent experiences such as technically challenging installations/designs, applications of tools/methods, report on any incidents of wider interest, provide updates on research topics, and introduce any new tools/materials.
• Shorter case study presentations covering recent experience or application of techniques.
The conference will include presentations covering the following topic areas:
• Compliance • Analysis • Protection • Interference
• Construction • Testing • Lightning • Risk
The 2018 Down to Earth Conference will provide an invaluable opportunity for earthing and lightning protection engineers to catch up with industry developments in the area of design, installation and testing.
It also provides an opportunity to network with colleagues in the same field and equipment suppliers who provide the tools needed to realise a design.
Sponsoring and exhibiting at DTEC will provide your organisation with an opportunity to access the people who will be specifying the earthing and lightning protection for their next project and policies.