Co-located with the Large Scale Solar Conference and the 7th Annual Off-Grid and Stand Alone Power Conference. One registration for all events.
Australia’s renewable generation capacity continues to surge with 6.5GWs projected to come online by the end of 2019 – up from 2018’s already record breaking 5.1GWs – highlighting the NEM’s ever growing need for energy storage.
This need for storage is further highlighted by the strain distributed renewable generation is placing on the NEM’s transmission network, originally built with baseload generation in mind, alongside increasingly common negative pricing events which put further pressure on the nation’s aging fossil fuel generators, increasing the risk of their early exit from the market.
It is in this atmosphere that Informa Australia are delighted to announce the 4th Pumped Hydro & Battery Storage Conference, held 25-26 February 2020 at the Swissotel Sydney. Part of the Energy & Investment Series, join us for a unique shared learning and networking opportunity; bringing together industry leaders, government representatives and key experts for a comprehensive two days of in depth case studies, project updates and industry analysis.
Key Topics Include:
- Balancing the future need for storage with current market investment signals
- Examining the energy mix, looking to future projections, and establishing a timeline of when we will need large scale energy storage to come online
- Taking a look at the NEM’s transmission, required works, and how it may shape future development
- Discussion on energy policy and regulation across the NEM at both State and Federal levels
- Current Pipeline of projects across the NEM, opportunities new and established, and comprehensive updates from the developers and project proponents