CIDER is a conference for industry practitioners focusing on the integration of distributed energy resources into electricity distribution networks. The conference will concentrate on identifying cost-effective technical solutions to address the associated challenges and opportunities.
Scope & Topics
Presentations are invited covering the technical issues and cost impacts of integrating distributed energy resources (DER) into distribution systems, such as:
• Status and trends in DER in the Australasian, Pacific and South East Asian areas;
• Voltage control in LV and MV networks with high levels of DER;
• Energy storage at the distribution level;
• Inverters and dynamic devices and their interaction with the grid;
• Customer DER impacts;
• Protection of distribution systems with high levels of DER;
• The effects of DER on power quality;
• LV and MV statcoms;
• DER integration into isolated electricity systems;
• Distributed energy resource management systems (DERMS);
• Standards and standardisation;
• Benefits to utilities of DER;
• Case studies;
• Supporting technologies and infrastructure.
Conference Aims & Format
An objective of CIGRE Panel C6 Distribution Systems and Dispersed Generation is to foster ongoing development of fundamental knowledge and skills in the following main areas:
• Dispersed energy resources connection and integration (PVs, energy storage, wind, hydro, geothermal, etc);
• Dispersed energy resources concepts in distribution systems operation and planning (microgrids and active distribution networks);
• Demand management and active customer integration;
• Rural electrification.
CIDER has been created as a practical conference focusing on the integration of DER in relation to distribution network connection. It aims to promote sharing of knowledge and best practice within the Asia Pacific region.
The conference will include a technical exhibition where delegates can have direct interaction with vendors and service providers during the session breaks. The conference will also include a social function and stand-up dinner on the Tuesday evening.
The format of the social event should provide a great opportunity for further industry networking.